Friday, March 18, 2011

Center

Center1. A point or place that is equally distant from the sides or outer boundaries of something; the middle:  2. A point equidistant from all points on the circumference of a circle or on the surface of a sphere; 3. A point around which something rotates or revolves:  4. A part of an object that is surrounded by the rest; a core: 5. a. A place where a particular activity or service is concentrated:  b. A point of origin, as of influence, ideas, or actions.  6.  To place in or at the center; To direct toward a center or central point; concentrate or focus

My attention goes directly to the center of this flower -- the beauty of the orange and the intricacies and textures of the center. 

I have certainly used this word before in my blog -- Center -- I am on the front end of a 9 day vacation, and want to make some good choices about how I spend this glorious time away from work.  I don't want to waste a minute of such freedom. I want to return to my center, my balance. I do have some work to do, and I want to schedule and commit to my health/exercise life while I have such a beautifully open calendar.  It should certainly be easier to make space for this while on vacation, right?  With hopes to soak up this week in all good ways, I will hold this image, this flower in my mind's eye, and let its bright, clear center be my guide. I'll let the definition "A point of origin, as of influence, ideas, or actions." be my guide and my reminder that I can act and choose in ways that will create the perfect vacation week.  Onward.  

No comments: