Saturday, March 12, 2011

Clarity

I think it's time to return to the mandala-a-day project.  It's been a while since I've sat long enough in my creativity to really settle my insides.  I've been marching along with a focus on my work-mind/life, while trying to hold my emotions at a relative distance (except for those times when I simply can't, and the flood gates open full force).  

I like this photo, altered with simple tools in I-photo.  I see the intensity of yellow against the stark pitch of black, and the other colors determined to find a tiny space to shine though.  It is just like my emotions in these last few months -- no matter how hard I try to press them into the background, they always find their way forth, sometimes in small ways, and often with an intensity that forces me to stop, to accept.  When I allow this process to simply be and when I stop fighting myself, some sort of beauty and clarity emerge.  Onward.

No comments: