Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Mandala A Day Project

While on my spring break/vacation, I had an idea.  I bought some colored pencils and the textured water color paper I that like, and began what I'm calling "A Mandala A Day" project.  Not for the outcome, or for an art gallery or showing any amount of artistic talent -- but for the sense of calm and peace the process and experience brings me.  I ordered a few books about Mandalas and look forward to learning more about the world and healing nature of Mandala-making.  I have needed something to attend to in my heart.  I haven needed something to calm my mind.  This is it.  At one time in my life, in fact for a long period from age 13 - 38, it was my journal that held my heart.  Then, for another long stretch, from age 31 - 41,  it was poetry that steadily held my hand.  Now, I believe, the mandala will be the bearer and witness to my healing process. This beautiful mandala in the photo here is not my doing - but I plan to use this blog as a way to document my Mandala A Day Project, and I will post photos of mandalas, as a brief journal entry about what the process evoked in me. I'm excited to have a container, both in this blog, as well as in my Mandala project -- a way to find and hold meaning as I walk through spring....

*note:
The beautiful mandala image on this post is from the following webiste: www.moonstonemandala.com
I'm excited to spend time reading her blog, and all she knows and loves and creates in the world of mandalas.

No comments: