Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 6: Unpredictable Intersections

Unpredictable: difficult or impossible to forsee
Intersections: 1. a point at which things intersect 2. the act, process or result of intersections

I had a Plan for this mandala -- much like I have a plan for my work, and/or my life.  And just like the unpredictable intersections that continually emerge in my work and in my life, so too, was it so with this mandala.

I had planned for something quite symmetrical, orderly, even.  Instead, as I plodded my color course, the unpredictable occurred. The order in which I had planned to use the colors couldn't work.  Instead, unexpected intersections of color and lines and circles created this outcome, which I like very much.

This mandala is providing a needed message to me - to stay open to the unpredictable, and to all of the good that can come from the unexpected.  It is reminding me to create many intersections in my life -- to step out of my routine, my regular order of things, and allow a new and surprising picture that emerges as a result, to come forth.

No comments: