Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 3: Containment

Containment: 1. The act, process or means of containing. 2.  The policy, process or result of preventing the expansion of a hostile power or ideology.

This whole Mandala a Day project emerged out of a need for containment.  The need to contain the power I have to turn a hostile firing squad on my own heart.  My mind can too easily and frequently go in a negative direction, turning on myself.  The word "containment"  emerged as I created this mandala.  I don't challenge or disregard the first words that come to me as I color these circles.  This mandala, with it's paired word "containment", is my psyche imploring me to reign in and contain negativity and in fact, to expand that which is positive, that which is health, that which gives life, to myself and others.

I will use this mandala to contain and prevent the expansion of that which is hostile, of that which holds me back, of that which paralyzes me and my creative abilities to thrive.  This mandala will be a reminder of my ability to do more than survive.