Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 26: Perspective

Perspective1. a way of regarding situations, facts& judging their relative importance  2. the proper or accurate point of view or the ability to see it objectivity; 
3. the appearance of objects, buildings, etc., relative to each other, as determined by their distance from the viewer, or the effects of this distance on their appearance
4. a view over some distance in space or time; vista; prospect

I am working on keeping perspective  -- on understanding my own, and honoring it, even when I hate how my world view, my perspective, and my emotions have been shaped, often by painful life experiences.  I'm also working on holding space for other's perspectives as well.  Not always easy, and yet, I know, essential.  How does one take care of one's spirit and the very wounds that create our perspective in the first place?  How do we walk in this life while not expecting others to fully comprehend our experience, our view, our perspective?    The hurt, after all, is the result of our expectations -- letting go of the expectations is the ticket, I think.  Easier said than done.  

No comments: