Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 13: Coming into Her Own

Coming into her Own:  1. To get possession of what belongs to one. 2. To obtain rightful recognition or prosperity


As I worked on this mandala, I liked how I placed the butterfly at the bottom of the mandala, with a clear direction upward.  I played with the muted color around the edge of the circle, placing brighter colors within the butterfly.  I wanted to convey that this butterfly was going somewhere, directionally, and growing into something, with its own emerging color.  I, again, was thinking about work, my job at The LAB (www.thelabspps.com).


I live my life (and maybe many of us do), in increments.  Always, seemingly, planning to move through a given season, or stage, or period of time.  Especially as a school employee, I see the world in semesters, or holidays, or summer vacation.  The beauty of this work/rhythm is that I have the luxury to have many opportunities to end and begin again. Over and over again, I get a chance to grow into myself, in my work, into my leadership role, and into  my vision.  I get a chance to spread my wings in new ways, seeing how I can challenge my own boundaries about who I am, and who and how I want to be in my job, who I want to be as a leader.


This butterfly (aka, ME!) is in a spring season, ending a semester, and is growing into the most joyful season of summer.  I feel my color coming back, and the weight of worry and muted colors dissipating, making room for the bright, light, colorful time of freedom. SUMMER!

No comments: