Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 12: Reach

Reach: 1. To stretch out or put forth; to extend;  2. To touch or grasp by stretching out/extending; 3. To arrive at; to attain  a. To succeed in getting in contact with b. To succeed, having an effect on.





I loved making this mandala.  I experimented with a low level of pointillism, eventually merging the green and purple dots from below, into one area above.  

I feel like I am reaching right now (likely always) to move through to the next thing on my work plate.  Now, I'm reaching for spring, for May 20th, when all of our student services will be done for the school year.  Simultaneous to this "end of the school year work reality", of course, is reaching for spring, for summer, for time off, for vacation. 

I like the contained feeling of this mandala, holding steady the last push, the last reach toward the end of the school year.  It feels do-able, possible, and within reach.  

No comments: