Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 4: Re-Commit

Re-commit: 1. to commit again 2. to entrust, to hand over, as for safe keeping 3. to give entirely to a specific cause.

I am re-committing to my health and fitness.  I use to see this notion as such a bad thing - that I must once again, re-commit, specifically, because I had fallen off the wagon on any given thing (ie. exercise, eating right, writing regularly etc).  



Somehow, at yoga last night (where I struggled and suffered mightily to get through the class), it came to me - What if I could see the need and ability to start over and to re-commit to my exercise, fitness & food as an opportunity for which to be grateful, as in...


"Aren't I lucky that indeed, I CAN re-commit & begin again.  Isn't it great that I'm not relegated to my failures, but rather, I'm given the gift (as often as necessary) to start over?"

What a Relief.  Here I go again!  Onward.  Re-direct, restore, re-energize, decide, choose, act, renew, balance, moderation, begin again, find the middle, center.  Re-Commit.

No comments: