Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 21: Thought

Thought: 1. a concept or idea 2. the act or process of thinking, reflection, deliberation; 3. philosophical or intellectual ideas typical of a particular time or place; 4. mental attention, consideration; 5. purpose or intention; 6. expectation.


Yesterday, the ever-present therapist helped me re-frame some of my negative thoughts that have consumed me lately - - some thoughts that I'd rather not have, some thoughts that get in my way of peaceful days.  She said something to this effect: "They're just thoughts - we have a million thoughts a day, but you don't have to give each and all of them the attention they demand". 


This was so useful to me.  It offered me an immediate shift, an escape route where it has felt like there was none.  It's just a thought.  Move on.  



No comments: