Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 14: Spinning

Spinning:  1. revolving quickly and repeatedly around one's own axis; 2. making up a story; 3. a swift whirling motion 4. spin - the act of rotating rapidly.


Indeed, my head was spinning as I sat down to create this mandala.  Work, Work, Work.....To do....To do.... To do....lists rolling through my mind.  I am trying to get many puzzle pieces and logistics to fit together at The Lab for spring, and today, I felt as though I was moving through my day fighting centrifugal force.  A dozen things to do, calls to make, emails to send, calendars to plan etc...


The mandala and the mandala-making process brings me back, centers me.  Even for the 20 minutes I spent creating this, my mind slowed, and became less scattered with the tasks on my list.  Instead, my thoughts became stream-lined, manageable.   Certainly, I love the "spin" the mandala allows me to put on my life. 

No comments: