Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 9: Sleepy

Sleepy:               1. A natural periodic state of rest for the mind and body, in which the eyes usually close & consciousness is completely or partially lost, so that there is a decrease in bodily movement and responsiveness to external stimuli. During sleep the brain in humans and other mammals undergoes a characteristic cycle of brain-wave activity that includes intervals of dreaming.  2. A period of this form of rest.  3. A state of inactivity resembling or suggesting sleep; unconsciousness, dormancy, hibernation

That definition cracks me up.  Quite a serious effort to explain what it means to be sleepy, eh?   I don't have much more to say, other than I was very sleepy as I created this mandala.  Sleepy, but committed and determined to create a mandala, even when I just wanted to go to bed.   Mandala, Day 9 -   Mission accomplished. 

No comments: