Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 24: Clarity

Clarity: 1. the quality or state of being clear, lucidity 2. clearness as to perception or understanding; freedom from ambiguity.


This was the first time that I created a mandala by having chosen the word on which I wanted to focus first, before I picked up the pencils.  Usually, I color, and let the word come later in the process. Interesting. 


I've been grappling with some things, some decisions on which to act or not to act - it has felt muddy for me.  So, as I approached this mandala, gray and black seemed the right colors. 


I google searched "symbols for clarity" and found the two images (roughly) that I inserted into my mandala.  One, in the left quadrant, is the chinese symbol, the other, some reference to clarity in the symbolism of magic. As I colored, I grappled, still, with many things, many ideas.


Ironically, I always name the mandala under, and to the left, with the stenciled word.  I date the mandala along the right side.  However, lacking clarity, by mistake, I dated it along the left side.  I had turned the mandala the opposite direction as I stenciled the date.  Oh well.  Finally, when I took the picture of the mandala for uploading to my blog, I inadvertently and without realizing until I had uploaded the image, cut off the word "clarity".  Perfect, I guess, as I am still unclear.  The mandala project, once again, has captured me, and my process.

No comments: