Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 63: Open Space

Open space:  A space of infinite volume and without any boundary (in the cosmological context).


Ok.  Tonight, I am too tired (I have not stopped all day) to make a mandala.  I swear, I am soon to return to my sweet daily practice of mandala-creating!  


Instead, tonight, I give you this view, this open circular space from our Hawaii trip a few years ago.  The ocean has been on my mind so much in this last month.  I'm so sad and worried about the oil spill and the vast and deep implications on her.  It's beyond my mind what will unfold. 


In this tragedy, and in very general terms in this life, I want to know what solutions are possible?  I want to remember that the possibilities are infinite, and without artificial boundaries.  I want to accept the open space of possibilities for each day to unfold with the grace that is both available, and that is needed.  Open Space. 

No comments: