Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 73: Air-Bubbles

Air: 1. A colorless, odorless, tasteless, gaseous mixture, mainly nitrogen (approximately 78 percent) and oxygen (approximately 21 percent) with lesser amounts of argon, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, neon, helium & other gases.2. The sky; the firmament. 3. A giant void; nothingness: 4. An atmospheric movement; a breeze or wind. 5. A peculiar or characteristic impression; an aura. 6. Breath.



Bubbles: 1. A thin, usually spherical or hemispherical film of liquid filled with air;  2A pocket formed in a solid by air or gas that is trapped;  3. Something insubstantial, groundless, or ephemeral; 4A fantastic or impracticable idea or belief; an illusion;  5A speculative scheme that comes to nothing; 6. A protective, often isolating envelope or cover; 7. To rise to or as if to the surface; emerge; 8. To display irrepressible activity or emotion.


I love this mandala, with the various size "air bubbles" floating in the larger circle, each following a pattern toward something larger or smaller, depending on how your eyes follow the trail.  I like the color choices of soft browns and blues.  I love, as usual, the various definitions of both Air and Bubbles.  I enjoy basically playing a word association game through the image of the mandala and the words/definitions that ensue.  This mandala is the representation of the the air bubbles, the breath, and  the the protective covering I have been floating in lately.  I'm trying to allow myself to float in all the areas of life that are so often quite an illusion of our own making.  I am trying to allow and accept whatever atmospheric movement is going push me along. I am trying to let go, and let my breath and my authentic-self rise to the surface, like an air bubble, finding its way to where ever it should end up.

No comments: