Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 84: Action

Action: 1. The state or process of acting or doing2. Something done or accomplished; a deed; 3. Organized activity to accomplish an objective:  4. The causation of change by the exertion of power; 5. A movement or a series of movements; 6. Habitual or vigorous activity; energy: 7. Behavior or conduct.





I love the definition in number six above - (Habitual or vigorous activity, energy).  Habits are usually associated with bad habits.  In this case, I love the notion of productive habits that give us energy.  I have returned to my Tony Robbins Personal Power CDs. Last summer, I invested in these CDs and it totally changed my life, specifically in the realm of health and fitness.  I had seen Tony in late night info-mercials for many years.  This time,  I took a chance.  I bought them and I listened to the whole series over the course of my first 30 days of summer vacation.  Every day I had a routine.  Breakfast.  Tony Robbins cd and note taking.  Journaling.  Homework and studying for my 6 summer home-study credits.  Workout.  Lunch.  Shower.  And sometimes, some afternoons I would have some social time.  Mostly, however, I was a quite a hermit, and enjoyed every minute of my private summer retreat.  I made a schedule.  I decided on what things I wanted to grow, change, focus.  I took action.  In the last year for the first time in my adult life, I have maintained consistent exercise at least 4 times per week.  I lost 15 pounds.  I feel better physically than I ever have.

It is summer again.  My renewal period.  I am listening again, to my Tony Robbins CDs.  I am setting my summer schedule again.  Deciding my focus.  Taking action. What I blessing I have to take most of 3 months off of work, to re-group, re-consider all that really matters in this life.  Health, for sure, both physical and emotional.  Deepening and appreciating my relationship with Marilou and my close friends.  Deepening my spiritual connections with a higher being through my mandala project.

I really appreciate Tony's simple view and approach to change-making.  Get clear about what you want.  Decide to go for it.  Take action.  For me, it is in the deciding.  I have decided.  A routine and schedule helps me.  Tony Robbins coaching system and style helps me.  Mandalas help me.  Decision and action = relief for me.  Spinning around in the "waiting til tomorrow" land is torture.  The time is now.  Onward. 

No comments: