Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 69: Opening

Opening: 1. The act or an instance of becoming open or being made to open;  2. An open space serving as a passage or gap;  3. A breach or aperture;  4. A clearing in the woods;  5. The first part or stage, as of a book; 6. The first performance7. A formal commencement of operation;  8. Games A specific pattern or series of beginning moves in certain games, especially chess; 9. An opportunity affording a chance of success.


Today, I feel my heart opening again, after a period of feeling hurt, closed and self-protective.  I'm opening to (and feeling) summer approach (3 days til vacation).  I'm feeling the open space coming toward me, with a breath of fresh air, open space, and possibility.  I love summer vacations in Minnesota -- a gap between the end of the school year, and the fresh start of Fall.  It is a chance to refresh, regroup, reconsider, re-evaluate and rest.  I am open and ready for all of these things. 

I had an amazing day at work due to 2 separate and distinct conversations with others who were wanting to know more about my work at The Lab.  Both conversations opened my mind to many broader and potentially bigger possibilities in this work in which I believe so strongly. Doors are opening in my work again.  Today, I believe, was an opening to the next ideas of The Lab.  Growth.  Potential.  Opportunities. Collaboration.  Bridges.  I think there is more coming.  I am open. 

No comments: