Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Day 61: Many Petals

Many: 1. Being one of a large indefinite number; numerous;  2. Amounting to or consisting of a large indefinite number; 3A large indefinite number;  4. The majority of the people; the masses;  A large number of persons or things: 




Petals: 1. One of the often brightly colored parts of a flower surrounding the reproductive organs. Petals are attached to the receptacle underneath the carpels and stamens and may be separate or joined at their bases. As a group, the petals are called the corolla.

Today, I borrowed this "natural mandala" from photo of our potted flowers.  I like each of the sweet pink petals, and that they are clustering, integrating, supporting, surrounding one another.  Given that I just had some surgery involving removing an ovarian cyst, the definition of Petals cracks me up - colored parts of a flower surrounding the reproductive organs!   

I am thinking about how lately, I'm struggling to stay integrated, struggling to find my place within the masses.  It seems easier to me lately, to separate myself from the masses, and go solo.  As I see the beauty of this flower, however, I am reminded of what is possible if I remain connected.  This mandala is a reminder of that worth. 


*Hopefully, soon (tomorrow?) I will be back on track, creating my own mandalas.

No comments: