Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 83: Fire In Dreams

Fire in Dreams:  1The psychologist Carl Jung said that fire represents the process of psychological transformation. Just as the alchemists used fire to transform base metals into gold, so the symbol fire is the trigger for the inner transformation. It purges the decay of the past yet is also the giver of light and spiritual truth. It is the eternal flame in the temple of the soul. It is from the fire that the phoenix of hope rises.  2. The cleanser or purifier. Relates to "getting something started or going". Means activation or setting something into motion.  3.  Spirit. Energy. Unpolluted & cleansing. Need to be inspired or renewed.  4.  To pass through fire intact is to see one elf as becoming purified.  If a particular object is on fire (house, car, etc.), this may symbolize that something is over.  Are you seeking cleansing from a bad experience? Are you going through a significant transition that requires spiritual preparation?


Last night I had a very vivid dream that a large curtain was on fire.  I wasn't in danger in the dream.  It was a contained fire that put itself out quickly.  I woke knowing that my dream was trying to help me transform my emotions.  I have had trouble of late stopping old conversations in my head.  I have had trouble of late setting down hurt feelings. But this morning,  I woke feeling a level of relief.  I woke knowing that today's mandala would be this chinese symbol for fire.  I will hold onto this mandala as my understanding and belief that I can transform my emotions, and move through, purify, cleanse and move through painful emotions  and remain intact on the other side.  After the fire, having survived, I am setting a newness in motion. Transformation.  Onward.

No comments: