Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 39: Emotions

Emotions: 1. A mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling, such as joy, sorrow, reverence, fear, hate, and love;  2. A state of mental agitation or disturbance: spoke unsteadily in a voice that betrayed his emotion;  3. The part of the consciousness that involves feeling; sensibility.


I definitely see myself as an emotional person.  There are days I can respect and honor this trait about myself, no matter the flood and sort of emotions at hand -- and there are days I loathe it.  The work for me is to accept my emotions without judgement, and therefore, accept myself.  


I love the blue wash in the background, holding the bright emotions of yellow and orange in this mandala.  If I can let my emotions simply swim in the freedom of blue, instead of fighting them, I am better off.  

No comments: