Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 53: Balance=Peace

Balance: 1. a state of equilibrium 2. equality between the totals of the credit and debit sides of an account 3. proportion: harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design); 4. equality of distribution 5. remainder: something left after other parts have been taken away; 6. counterweight: a weight that balances another weight


Peace: 1. the state prevailing during the absence of war 2. harmonious relations; freedom from disputes; 3. the absence of mental stress or anxiety 4. the general security of public places.


Today, my mind raced, with not much balance or peace.  My thoughts  were leaning toward and giving too much attention to one single aspect of life - work.  The task list is growing shorter as the year comes to a close, but still, it weighs.  Today, I wanted mental equilibrium, but couldn't achieve it.  I fought myself on going to yoga for a large chunk of time, or ticking the tasks off my list, so as to be able to start my week with a sense of calm about work.  I chose the latter.  I've hardly been to yoga this month, and I can feel the loss of it in my ability to find my balance, and a sense of peace inside.  After I post this, I will tackle my list, and be sure to go to bed tonight, knowing I will have less to worry about and do when I wake.  It's a fresh week, a chance to begin again.  I will choose Yoga on Wednesday, the only day in the coming 10 days that I can attend.  I will count on my mandala-making process as a key way in which I can find some balance and peace in these next 10 days.  Yoga, I will be back. 



No comments: