Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 43: Journey

Journey:  1The act of traveling from one place to another; a trip. 2A distance to be traveled or the time required for a trip;  3.  A process or course in life, likened to traveling; a passage.


Journey - This word came immediately to mind, as I played with the stencils making this mandala.  The purple squiggles look like question marks to me.  The lines seem like distinct mile-markers.  The center spiral, and indication of a circular process, that goes inward.  


This life is a journey, and most importantly, an inward journey of self-discovery, growing to be our best selves in the world. We have all heard "Life is a journey" a million times. But, on challenging times, it is hard to remember, and hard to believe.  The challenges and hurdles of life become the focus, instead of remembering that we are all in process, on a journey.


Of all of the definitions noted above, I want to embrace the third one, most.  A process, a passage.  I know it there isn't really a destination in this life that matters, but rather, the process and journey and lessons we learn along the way.  I continue to question this journey, and how to hold onto a bigger view.  I continue to look for mile-markers and rest stops along the way, especially on hard days.  I like the depth of the single orange droplet in this mandala.  It will be my singular visual reminder of what is really important.  The journey.  The process.  

No comments: