Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 48: Splat

Splat:  This was the first image I saw when I googled the on-line definition of Splat!  FUN!
.
splat

Definition:
1.  a single splash 2.  a slat of wood in the middle of the back of a straight chair- a straight-backed chair without arms, 3. to give off the sound of a bullet flattening on impact 4.  to be flattened on impact
I created this mandala back in April, when I first was playing with markers in my long, narrow notebook.  At the time, I named it splat.  Fun for me, when I looked up the definition today for this blog, and saw, for the first time in these 48 days, an image included in a text-based definition.  I guess my mandala series is the very definition of splat!

I also thought it was so interesting to learn of a definition I didn't previously know -- Splat - a slat of wood in the middle of the back of a straight chair, a chair without arms.  Immediately, I realized that without the support, a strong spine, or the support and backing of others, I can feel myself risk feeling the very sound and being the very  embodiment of the other definition of splat -- to be flattened on impact. 

As I work toward these last 18 days of work before summer, before rest, before a fresh start, I continue to find my support and my strength, so as to not become the red splat at the end of a successful school year.  

No comments: