Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 50: Growing Beyond

Growing1. to Increase in size by a natural process. 2. a. To expand; gain: b. To increase in amount or degree; intensify; 3. To develop and reach maturity. 4. To be capable of growth; thrive:  5To come into existence from a source.

Beyond:  1. at or to the other or far side of something 2. outside the limits of something

Before I created this mandala, I knew I wanted to use the image of flowers, and quickly, I knew I wanted to them to grow beyond the outer edge of this circle.  It feels hopeful, and free to me, to see these flowers reaching beyond the limits imposed on the page.  I am trying to grow beyond the limits imposed in life.  Sometimes, these limits are imposed by others, and more often, these limits are self-imposed.  Why, I wonder, do I limit myself, or my thoughts in these ways?  There is a wider view available, if I look past the edge.  I am growing past the edge. 

No comments: