Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 54: Moonstone Mandala - The First Day Off Since I Began

Moonstone Mandala:  

Today, I did not have time to create a mandala.  It's an exercise of being ok with this fact, that after 53 days, I have a gap in my mandala-making routine -- a reminder not to beat myself up over this fact.  I will get back to it tomorrow.  An exercise in self-compassion and encouragement, instead of self-criticism.

Tonight, I am "cheating" by posting an image I found, after revisiting a beautiful Mandala blog I discovered at the beginning of this project.  The link is:  http://moonstonemandala.com/?p=27.


I love this idea of painting mandalas on stones.  I think I will do this in the summer.

It was a busy day, and I continue to long for more leisurely days, spent in the creative process of mandala-making, african drumming, guitar playing, and reading The Sun, my favorite magazine.



No comments: