Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 40: Hold On

Hold On:  1.a. To have and keep in one's grasp; b. To withstand stress, pressure, opposition; c. To keep from falling or moving; d. To stay securely fastened  2.a. To retain one's interest or attention;  b. To be true;  3a. To have and maintain one's possession;  b. To have as a responsible position or a privilege;  c. To have in recognition of achievement 4a. To maintain occupation; bTo withstand the efforts or advance of another; cTo maintain in a given condition, situation, or action;  5. a. To be the legal possessor of; b. To bind by a contract; c. To adjudge or decree;  d. To make accountable; obligate; 6a. To keep in the mind or convey as a judgment, conviction, or point of view;  b. To assert or affirm, especially formally;  c. To regard in a certain way7. To take place; carry on; to continue in the same direction.   


So many definitions, I couldn't leave many out.  A long list that conveys where I am.  My work mind and challenges have me holding on....keeping myself from falling....keeping myself moving in the same direction, toward the end of the school year, toward summer, toward planning for next year.  I'm holding on, so as to not get overwhelmed, by the tasks of it all, by the emotions of it all, by the challenge of it all.  Seems easier, some days, to just let it all go. To NOT hold on. To walk away. Open a yoga studio.  Change my path altogether.  Maybe one day. In the meantime, I like the linear and symmetric pattern of this mandala -- again, providing order to my internal feelings of disorder.  Hold on. 

No comments: