Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 51: Radiate

Radiate: 1. To send out rays or waves. 2. To issue or emerge in rays or waves:  3. To extend in straight lines from or toward a center; diverge or converge like rays: 
4. To spread into new habitats and thereby diverge or diversify. 5. To emit (light, for example) in or as if in rays. 6. To send or spread out from or as if from a center: 7. To irradiate or illuminate 8. To manifest in a glowing manner:  9. Having rays or raylike parts, as in the flower heads of daisies.

As I look at this mandala now, I see 2 things.  The first thing I see is the sun radiating behind the palm tree in the foreground.  But at a quick second glance, it looks like a tomato!  (for some reason, that just cracks me up).  Anyway....

I am feeling the energy of summer, ready for the sun to radiate in all directions, warmth.  I am ready for a new canvas on which to paint this life -- a fresh, clean page, ready for new colors.  I am seeking the energy of others who radiate warmth, connection, compassion. 
 
Tomorrow, I will be taking an Intro to Hand Drumming class at the Women's Drum Center in St. Paul.  I expect that the energy of those participating will eminate  a powerful and connected force.  I look forward to being swallowed up in the rhythm and sound and energy of curious women who are gathering to learn something new.  I want to surround myself with positive, connected and compassionate energy.  I want to radiate this same energy back into the world.  The mandala-making process and this intro to hand drumming class are opportunities for me to do the self-care and grounding work that keeps me connected in the world (instead of running for my life, into solitude and hiding) to myself and to others.  These experiences allow me to manifest the most important things for me in this life -- authentic connection, radiating to and from my center.

No comments: