Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 46: Whirl

Whirl:  1. To move with a twisting or whirling motion; 2. To be dizzy, disoriented. 3. To be arranged in a spiral or twist 4. confusion or disorder.


Today, again, I spent my time in the yard, potting flowers and creating a patio that I will enjoy each day throughout the summer.  Today, I spent the day in direct opposition to the notion of "Whirl". Today's "mind" was less busy than yesterday's mind.  I was able to be more fully present, enjoying seeing how my flower choices and combinations came to life in each of their respective pots.  The colors in this Mandala (which I made on 4-16-10) are bright like my flowers, like my summer.  It was a weekend, NOT spent in a dizzying or disoriented manner - -rather, a weekend spent in a peaceful, slow moving manner, with activities that helped me feel needed internal order. 

No comments: